What is Vegetable Garden Soil Insecticide? It is a granular material based on the active ingredient bifenthrin.
What does it control? Over 45 insects that live in the soil or on the ground including
Ants (including Carpenter, Red Harvester, Pavement, Odorous, Pyramid, Argentine, Pharaoh, Black Turf)
Armyworms (including Lawn Armyworm, Fall Armyworm)
Billbugs (including Bluegrass Billbug, Hunting Billbug)
Black Turfgrass Ataenius (adults)
Cutworms (including Black Cutworm, Bronzed Cutworm, Granulate Cutworm, Variegated Cutworm)
Dichondra Flea Beetle
European Crane Fly
Mole Crickets (including Tawny Mole Cricket, Southern Mole Cricket, Shortwinged Mole Cricket)
Ticks (including ticks that may transmit Lyme Disease)
Webworms (including Sod Webworm,Grass Webworm, Tropical Sod Webworm)
Weevils (including Hyperodes and Bluegrass)
What can I use Vegetable Garden Soil Insecticide on? Vegetable gardens, ornamental & flower gardens, lawns, & around home foundations (perimeter treatment).
How do I use the product?
1) Vegetables: Apply 1 lb/500 sq. ft. as a single application just prior to or at planting, or after plants emerge. Work 4 – 6 inches into the soil.
2) Ornamentals: Apply ½ lb. per 500 sq. ft. before planting or after plants emerge.
3) Lawns: Apply 1 – 4 lbs. per 1000 sq. ft. Water into the soil.
4) Home perimeter: Apply in a 2 foot-wide band next to the house, and ½ - 1 lb/500 sq. ft.
5) Fire Ant Mounds: Apply 1 Tablespoon to the surface of each mound. Water in after application.
What vegetables can Vegetable Garden Soil Insecticide be used on?
It can be used on peas, beans, cucurbits, artichokes, cole crops, eggplant, lettuce & peppers.